Visa issuance for foreign investor

Reference situation:

X Company (based in Germany) is investing in Vietnam through A company. X authorized Mr. B (Swiss nationality) to be the legal representative of A and the person managing 100% of X’s equity in A. X would like to consult lawyers about the type of visa for B to enter Vietnam. 

Our legal advice:

1. Legal eligibility for visa issuance

Under Article 10 of Law on  entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014, a foreigner must be eligible for the following conditions to enter Vietnam:

  • Having a passport or a laissez-passer 
  • Is invited or sponsored by an organization, an agency or an individual in Vietnam, with some exceptional cases
  • Not subject to the cases on which the foreigners are not be entered 
  • Having one of the following documents evidencing entry’s purpose:  

a) A document on the investment of the foreigner in Vietnam under Law on Investment

b) A license of a foreign lawyer practicing in Vietnam under Law on Lawyers;

c) A work permit of a foreigner who works in Vietnam under the Labour Code;

d) A written acceptance of a school or an educational institution in Vietnam if a foreigner studies in Vietnam

2. Type of visa

According to B’s entry purpose, B will be issued a visa with the symbol as “ĐT” for “foreign investors in Vietnam

Please click here to refer to the procedures for visa issuance

tình huống tham khảo khác

Sign up for advice