Replacement of permanent residance card
01. Conditions for application
Permanent residence cards shall be issued by provincial police authorities. Every 10 years, every foreigner who has a permanent residence status must go to a provincial police authority to replace the permanent residence card
02. Applicable laws
1. Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014
2. Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA on specimen papers concerning foreigners entering, leaving, and residing in Vietnam
Step 1: Prepare of the following documents
- An application form for replacement of the permanent residence card
- 02 color pictures (2cm x 3cm, white background, frontal face, bareheaded and no colorful glasses)
- The permanent residence card
- A certified true copy of the passport, except for those without nationalities
Step 2: Submit the file
The foreigner shall submit 01 set of the above documents to the police authority of the province where the foreigner is residing permanently.
Step 3: Get results
Within 20 days from the day on which sufficient documents are received, the police authority of the province shall replace the card.