Reissuance of visa exemption certificate
01. Conditions for application
Every person whose certificate of visa exemption is lost, damaged, expired, or wises to adjust information on the certificate of visa exemption shall have it reissued.
02. Applicable laws
1. Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014
2. Decree No. 82/2015/ND-CP on visa exemption for Vietnamese people residing overseas and foreigners who are spouses, children of Vietnamese people residing overseas or of Vietnamese citizens
3. Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA on specimen papers concerning foreigners entering, leaving, and residing in Vietnam
Step 1: Prepare the following documents
- The passport or another international travel document, or a permanent residence permit issued by an authority of the foreign country to the Vietnamese person residing therein;
- An application form for issuance/reissuance of the certificate of visa exemption enclosed with 02 pictures (01 picture fixed on the application form);
- The certificate of visa exemption (or notice of loss of certificate of visa exemption);
- Certified true copies (or copies enclosed with the originals for comparison) of documents proving adjustment of information on the certificate of visa exemption.
- 02 color pictures (4cm x 6cm, white background, frontal face, bareheaded and no colorful glasses)
Step 2: Submit the file to competent licensing authority
- The foreigner shall submit the file to Immigration Administration Department if he/she is residing temporarily in Vietnam.
- The foreigner shall submit the file to overseas visa-issuing authority of Vietnam if he/she is residing overseas.
Step 3: Get results
- In case the file is submitted to the Immigration Administration, within 05 working days from the receipt of satisfactory documents, the Immigration Administration shall consider issuing the certificate of visa exemption.
- n case the file is submitted to the overseas visa-issuing authority of Vietnam
- Within 01 working day from the receipt of satisfactory documents, the overseas visa-issuing authority of Vietnam shall send a list of applicants for the certificate of visa exemption to the Immigration Administration.
- The Immigration Administration shall response the overseas visa-issuing authority of Vietnam within 03 working days.
- Within 01 working day from the receipt of the response from the Immigration Administration, the overseas visa-issuing authority of Vietnam shall issue the certificate of visa exemption.