Registration of copyright
01. Conditions for application
- Copyright means rights of an organization or individual to works which such organization or individual created or owns.
- Works protected by copyright include literary, artistic, scientific and derative works
- Subject matter outside the category of copyright protection includes news of the day as mere items of information; legal instruments, administrative and other documents in the judicial domain, and official translations of such documents; processes, systems, operational methods, concepts, principles and data.
02. Applicable laws
1. Law on Intellectual Property 2005 (amended in 2009)
2. Decree No. 22/2018/NĐ-CP
3. Circular No. 08/2016/TT-BVHTTDL
Step 1: Prepare the following documents
- 02 (two) declarations for registration of copyright
- 02 (two) copies of the work the subject of the application for copyright registration
- A letter of authorization where the applicant is an authorized person;
- Documents proving the right to file the application where the applicant acquires such right by way of inheritance, succession or assignment;
- Written consent of the co-authors in the case of work under joint authorship;
- Written consent of the co-owners if the copyright is jointly owned.
Step 2: Submit the file at Copyright office of Vietnam (“COV”)
Step 3: The COV shall receive the file.
Step 4: The COV shall examine the file within 15 days
Step 5: The COV shall grant a certificate of registered copyright