Procedure for establishment of operating office of foreign investor to Business Cooperation Contract
01. Conditions for application
1. A foreign investor to a Business cooperation contract ("BCC") may establish an operating office in Vietnam to implement the contract. The foreign investor to the BCC contract shall decide the location of its operating office depending on requirements for implementing the contract.
2. The operating office of a foreign investor to the BCC contract shall have a seal, may open accounts, recruit employees, sign contracts and conduct business activities within the scope of the rights and
obligations stipulated in the BCC contract and the registration certificate for establishment of an operating office.
02. Applicable laws
1. Investment Law 2014
2. Circular No. 16/2015/TT-BKHĐT
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. Written registration for establishment of an operating office;
2. A decision of the foreign investor to the BCC contract on establishment of an operating office;
3. A copy of the decision on appointment of the head of the operating office; and
4. Copy of the BCC contract.
Step 2: Submit the file to
1. Province-level Department of Planning and Investment (“DPI”); or
2. Management Board of industrial park, processing zone or high-tech park (“Management Board”) (if the operating office is expected to located within these areas)
Step 3: The DPI or the Management Board, within 15 days from the date of receipt of the valid file, grant an operation registration certificate to the foreign investor to BCC contract