Procedure for application for decision on rating tourist accommodation
01. Conditions for application
The owner of a tourist accommodation may voluntarily apply for rating of the accommodation by a competent authority
There are 04 types of tourist accommodations that can be rated:
- Tourist villa;
- Tourist apartment; and
- Boat for tourist accommodation.
02. Applicable laws
1. Tourism Law 2017
2. Decree No. 168/2017/NĐ-CP
3. Circular No. 06/2017/TT-BVHTTDL
Step 1: The company check itself the quality of its tourist accommodations according to the National technical regulation on rating tourist accommodation
Step 2: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. An application for rating tourist accommodation
2. A self-assessment statement of the quality of the tourist accommodation in accordance with the regulations of the national standards in rating of tourist accommodation
3. A list of managers and staffs of the accommodation
4. Certified true copy of qualifications, certificate of professional training and certificate of working experience in the tourism industry of the managers of the tourist accommodation
Step 3: Submit the file to one of the following licensing authorities in charge of tourism management
– Vietnam National Administration of Tourism shall assign 04-star and 05-star ratings
– Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism where the tourist accommodation is located shall assign 01-star, 02-star, and 03-star ratings
Step 4: The file shall be checked for its validity within the time-limit for 03 working days from the date of receipt of the file. In case the file is required to be supplemented and amended, the licensing authority shall notify the company in writing.
Step 5: The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism/Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the valid file, preside and coordinate with social and professional organizations in tourism for evaluation to decide the star-ratings of the accommodation. In case of refusal, the licensing authority shall notify in writing and specify the reason therefor.
Step 6: In case the company is granted a decision on star-rating its accommodation, the company must display a badge of the star-rating of the accommodation at its main entrance