Procedure for application for certificate of polyclinic or specialized clinic
01. Conditions for application
A company, an organization or an individual that would like to open a polyclinic or a specialized clinic must register with the Department of Health where the clinic is to be located. The conditions for the establishment and operation of the polyclinic and specialized clinic shall be subject to Article 25 and Article 26 of Decree 109/2016/ND-CP, respectively.
02. Applicable laws
1. Law on Medical examination and treatment 2009
2. Decree No. 109/2016/NĐ-CP
3. Decree No. 155/2018/NĐ-CP
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. An application for the license of clinic operation;
2. A certified true copy of enterprise registration certificate, or investment registration certificate in case of foreign-invested clinic;
3. Valid copies of practice certificates of chief physicians of the healthcare facilities; persons taking charge of professional department of the healthcare facilty;
4. List of practitioners at polyclinic or specialized clinic (including practitioners and people working in medical professional but not required to have a practice certificate);
5. A list of healthcare facility, medical equipment, organization and manpower of the clinic;
6. Documents proving that the healthcare facility satisfies the requirements for facilities, medical equipment and organization; and
7. A professional and technical list proposed by the healthcare facility on the basis of the professional and technical list issued by the Minister of the Ministry of Health.
Step 2: Submit the file to the Department of Health (“DOH”) where the clinic is located
Step 3: The DOH shall, within 10 working days from the date recorded in the receipt of the file, check the validity of the file and notify the clinic in writing about amendment or supplementation of the file, if any.
Step 4a: If the file is required to be amended or supplemented, the clinic shall, within 60 days from the date on which the DOH requests for, amend and supplement its file. The DOH shall, within 10 days from the date of receipt of the amended and supplemented file, grant a certificate of clinic operation within 45 days if there is no any further amendment and supplementation.
or Step 4b: If the file is not required to be amended or supplemented, the DOH shall grant a certificate of clinic operation within 45 days from the date of receipt of valid file.