Issuance of temporary residence card for foreigners who are exempted from work permit
01. Conditions for application
1. Foreign workers in Vietnam who have been issued labour visa must carry out procedure for issuance of labour temporary residence card
2. The inviting entry shall apply for the issuance of the card.
3. The labour temporary residence card has no more than 02 years duration but shall be at least 30 days shorter than that of a passport or international laissez-passe
02. Applicable laws
1. Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014
2. Circular No. 31/2015/TT-BCA guiding for issuance of visas, temporary residence cards, entry/exit permits and permanent residence status for foreigners in Vietnam
3. Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA on specimen papers concerning foreigners entering, leaving, and residing in Vietnam
4. Circular No. 219/2016/TT-BTC on licensing fees on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
Step 1: Prepare the following documents
- A written request from the inviting entity
- A declaration bearing a picture
- Valid certified copies of documents proving labour relationship such as labour contract, confirmation letter of persons not subject to work permit or other relevant documents.
- 02 color pictures (2cm x 3cm, white background, frontal face, bareheaded and no colorful glasses)
Step 2: Submit the file
The inviting entity shall apply for issuance of a temporary residence card on behalf of an eligible foreigner at Immigration Administration Department or Division of immigration administration of police authority of the province or central-affiliated city where the inviting entity’s headquarter is located or where the inviting entity resides.
Step 3: Get results
Within 05 working days from the date on which the adequate application is received, Immigration Administration Department or Division of immigration administration of police authority of the province shall consider issuing a temporary residence card.