Extension of license for the establishment of a representative office of foreigners
01. Conditions for application
The license for the establishment of a representative office of a foreign trader needs to extend if it is expired, except to it is revoked due to a law violation.
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 07/2016/NĐ-CP dated 25 January 2016
2. Circular No. 11/2016/TT-BCT dated 05 July 2016
Step 1: Prepare a set of applications
1. An application form for extension;
2. A copy of business registration certificate or another equivalent one of the foreign trader (this copy must be translated into Vietnamese and be under consular authentication);
3. A copy of, the audited financial statement in the latest year, or document certifying the tax performance of the foreign trader in the latest year or equivalent one issued or certified by the competent state agency where the foreign trader is established. This copy is to prove the actual operation of the foreign trader in the latest year (together with a Vietnamese translation certified); and
4. A copy of the license of the establishment of the office which has been issued
Step 2: Submit necessary documents to
1. The provincial Department of Trading and Industry (“DPI“) where the office is located
2. The management board of the industrial park, the processing zone or the high-tech zone (“Management Board“) where the office is located (if the office is located within these areas)
Step 3: Receive the results
Within 5 working days, the DPI or the Management Board will examine the applications, request for supplementation (if any), and extend the License of the establishment of the office.