Business license for G1 electronic games
01. Conditions for application
1. The License to provide video games shall be issued when the conditions below are satisfied:
a) The enterprise is established in accordance with Vietnam’s law and its business line associated with online gaming services has been posted in the national business registration portal;
b) Domain names are registered to provide services;
c) Its financial, technical resources and qualified personnel are sufficient to serve the operation as prescribed in Article 32a, Article 32 b of this Decree;
d) Measures are taken for ensuring information safety and information security.
2. The validity period of the License to provide video games G1 depends on the request of the enterprise and shall not exceed 10 years.
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 72/2013/NĐ-CP
2. Decree No. 27/2018/NĐ-CP
3. Decree No. 150/2018/NĐ-CP
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. An application form for licensing
2. A valid copy, including copy extracted from master register or certified true copy or a copy enclosed with original of certificate of business registration (or a valid copy of other valid certificate, equivalent license issued before the date of entry into force of the Law on Investment No. 67/2014/QH13 and the Law on Enterprise No. 68/2014/QH13).
3. In case of international domain names, certification of using legal domain names is required.
4. A scheme for providing video games G1
Step 2: Submit the file to Ministry of Information and Communication (Department of Radio, Television and electronic information)
Step 3: The Ministry shall, within 30 days from the date of receipt of valid file, issue a license for G1 electronic games provision. In case of refusal, the Ministry shall send a document that clearly specifies the reasons for refusal.
Step 4: Prepare a set of the following documents to obtain a decision on authorizing script
1. An application form enclosed with a commitment of authorization holder to fully perform rights and obligations
2. Copyright certificate and agreement on authorizing release of video games in Vietnam (valid copies thereof, including copies extracted from master register or certified true copies. If these documents are made in foreign languages, they shall be translated to Vietnamese and certified as true copies of the originals).
3. Details of scripts of video games:
a) Name and origin of video games;
b) Script details; system of characters, duties, maps (diagrams); virtual items, virtual, reward points; communications, combat between characters; payment, version;
c) Video game age rating methods and results.
4. Technical proposals:
a) Specific address of place where the equipment system is Iocated and name of server hosting provider (in case of server hosting);
b) Details about player information system
5. Devices recording images, activities, and typical sound in the game: Photos of some types of character, some pictures of items, equipment for the character; images and activities of characters on duty, particularly in 5 highest levels (if any); combat actions between characters.”
Step 5: Submit a file to Ministry of Information and Communication
Step 6: Within 25 days from the date on which the satisfactory application is received, the Ministry of Information and Communications shall verify and consider authorizing the script of video games G1. If the application is refused, the Ministry of Information and Communications must provide explanation in writing