Registering change of owner of sole proprietorship
01. Conditions for application
If an owner of a sole proprietorship sells, donates or gives inheritance the enterprise, the buyer, donee, or heir has to register the change of owner of such enterprise within 10 days from the date of change.
02. Applicable laws
1. 2014 Law on Enterprise
2. Decree No. 78/2015/NĐ-CP
3. Decree No. 108/2018/NĐ-CP
4. Circular No. 02/2019/TT-BKHĐT
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. Notification of change of enterprise registration content
2. Valid copy of identification document of buyer, donee or heir.
3. Purchase contract, donation contract or other documents proving the completion of the transfer in case of selling or donating sole proprietorship; or valid copy of certification of lawful right to inheritance of heir.
Step 2: Buyer, donee, heir shall submit the file to Business Registration Office (“BRO”) where the sole proprietorship is headquartered within 10 days from the date of change.
Step 3: The BRO shall, within 03 working days from the date of receipt of the file, examine the validity of the file, or in case of refusal, notify the applicant in writing and clearly specify the reasons for refusal.