Procedure for application for study-abroad counseling center
01. Conditions for application
If a company would like to carry any one of the following activities, it must apply for a license of study abroad counseling:
1. Provision of information and advice on educational policies adopted by countries and territories; provision of advice on selection of school, course, discipline and qualification relevant to student’s ability and expectation;
2. Organization of overseas study advertisement, promotion, conference, seminar, exhibition and fair events;
3. Organization of enrolment, placement or admission of target overseas students;
4. Organization of necessary skill development classes or sessions intended for Vietnamese citizens wishing to study abroad;
5. Application for permission awarded to Vietnamese citizens to take study abroad programs, parents or guardians to pay a visit to foreign schools.
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 46/2017/NĐ-CP
2. Decree No. 135/2018/NĐ-CP
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. The application form for the certificate of registration of overseas study service that describes the following key information such as objectives and details of overseas study counseling services, possibility of provision and development of overseas study counseling services, implementation plan and approaches, measures to deal with possible risks to service customers
2. The duplicate copy derived from the original register, the certified duplicate copy derived from the original copy or the duplicate copy with the original copy for verification purposes of the certificate of business registration, the establishment decision or the certificate of investment registration
3. The list of front desk counselors with the following main information: full name, birth date, gender, qualification level, foreign language proficiency, job position
4. The duplicate copy derived from the original register, the certified duplicate copy derived from the original copy or the duplicate copy with the original copy for verification purposes of a bachelor’s degree, foreign language certificate and certificate of completion of overseas study counseling service course.
Step 2: Submit the file to the Department of Education and Training where the center is located
Step 3: The Director of the Department of Education and Training shall, within 15 working days from the date of receipt of valid file, check the accuracy of the file and grant a license of study abroad counseling, or in the case of refusal, notify in writing and specify the reason therefor.