Permit of vocational education institution
01. Conditions for application
If agencies, organizations, individuals would like to establish a vocational education institution, including vocational training center, vocational school and college, they have to obtain a Decision on establishment of vocational education institution and ensure requirements set out in Article 3 of Decree No. 143/2016.
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 143/2016/NĐ-CP
2. Decree No. 140/2018/NĐ-CP
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
- An application form for establishment made by the governing body (for public vocational education institutions); an application form for permission to establish vocational education institution made by a social organization, socio-professional organization, economic organization or individual (for private vocational education)
- For vocational education institutions affiliated to Ministries or central authorities of social-political organizations or private colleges, a written approval of the People’s Committee of province where the vocational education institution’s headquarters is located is required.
- A proposal for establishment of the vocational education institutions made
- A draft layout plan and preliminary design of construction works to make sure that it is conformable to the vocational training majors, scale, levels and criteria for construction area and area used for learning and teaching;
- Certified true copies of the land use right certificate, housing ownership certificate or written approval for allocation of land or lease of land by the People’s Committee of the province which specifies address, area and boundaries of the land lot and agreement on regulations on lease of furnished facilities and other relevant legal documents which are valid for at least 05 years more from the date of application.
- A written certificate of financial ability to invest in vocational education institution by the competent authority (for any private institution)
- Other documents certifying the ownerships of assets as stake of the individual who requests to establish that vocational education institution (for any private institution)
- A record of appointment of a representative for establishment of the vocational education institution by stakeholders (for private institution having at least 02 stakeholders)
- Profiles of the founder and co-founders (for private institution having at least 02 stakeholders)
- List of members who commit to contributing capitals, methods of contribution and records of contribution (for private institution having at least 02 stakeholders)
- Expected Board of Directors and the Chairman of the Board of Directors (for vocational schools and colleges having at least 02 stakeholders).
Step 2: Submit the file to one of the following licensing authorities
1. Every President of the People’s Committee of the province has the power to issue decisions on establishment of public vocational training centers and vocational schools under the management of the provincial government, and to grant permission to establish private vocational training centers and vocational schools in the province.
2. Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level and heads of central authorities of social-political organizations have the power to make decisions on establishment of public vocational training centers and vocational schools affiliated to their organizations.
3. The Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs has the power to make decisions on establishment of public colleges and to grant permission to establish private colleges.
Step 3: The licensing authority shall, within 05 working days from the date of receipt of the file, examine the validity of the file. If the file is not valid, the licensing authority shall send a document that clearly specifies reasons for invalidity.
Step 4: The licensing authority shall, within 05 working days from the date of receipt of valid file, send the file to the Board of Assessment for assessment.
Step 5: The Board of Assessment shall, within 05 working days from the date of receipt of the file, assess the file.
Step 6: If the file does not satisfy regulatory requirements, the Board shall, within 05 working days from the date of assessment, send a document that clearly specifies the reasons for dissatisfaction.
Step 7: If the file satisfies regulatory requirements or has been completed after dissatisfaction, the licensing authority shall, within 10 working days from the date of receipt of valid file, send the file to Chairman of Provincial People’s Committee, Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs or other competent Ministers for final decision.