Operation permit for news website
01. Conditions for application
News websites are websites of organizations and enterprises that post news cited from official sources, specify the authors or managing agencies of the official sources, and the time when such information is posted.
The duration of the license to establish news websites depends on the demand of the organization or enterprise, and shall not exceed 10 years.
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 72/2013/NĐ-CP
2. Decree No. 27/2018/NĐ
3. Circular No. 09/2014/TT-BTTTT
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. An application form for license to establish news website;
2. A valid copy of one of the following documents, including copy extracted from master register, certified true copy or copy enclosed with original: certificate of business registration, certificate of investment registration, establishment decision (or valid copy of certificate, equivalent license issued before the date of entry into force of the Law on Investment No. 67/2014/QH13 and Law on enterprises No. 68/2014/QH13); charter of operation (in case of unions or associations).
Its tasks and functions stated in establishment decision or charter of operation must be conformable with those specified in news website;
3. An operation scheme bearing signature and seal of the applicant’s head, at least containing: Purposes of information supply; contents, expected columns; official information sources, printed homepage and key columns; personnel, technical, information management and finance plans which guarantees the operation of news website; place where DNS servers are located in Vietnam;
4. Notification of acceptance of the information provided to justify that the source of information is legitimate.
Step 2: Submit the file to Department of Information and Communication at province-level
Step 3: The Department shall, within 05 working days from the date of receipt of valid file, assess and forward the file to Ministry of Information and Communication for asking opinions. If the file is not valid, the Department shall send a document specifying reasons for refusal.
Step 4: Within 10 working days from the date of receipt of valid file, the Administration of Radio, Television and Electronic Information – Ministry of Information and Communications /the Department shall consider granting a license to establish general website. In case of refusal, the Administration/the Department must provide explanation in writing.