License for providing G2, G3, G4 electronic games
01. Conditions for application
If a company would like to provide one of the following types of electronic games, it must obtain a license for online games provision and a confirmation to provide service for each game.
1. Video games that only have interaction between the players and the game server (G2 games);
2. Video games that have interaction among multiple players without interaction between players and the game server (G3 games);
3. Video games that are downloaded from the Internet without the interaction among players and between players and the game server (G4 games).
02. Applicable laws
1. Decree No. 72/2013/NĐ-CP
2. Decree No. 27/2018/NĐ-CP
3. Decree No. 150/2018/NĐ-CP
Step 1: Prepare a set of the following documents
1. An application form for certificate of eligibility to provide video games u
2. A valid copy, including copy extracted from master register or certified true copy or a copy enclosed with original of certificate of business registration (or a valid copy of other valid certificate, equivalent license issued before the date of entry into force of the Law on Investment No. 67/2014/QH13 and the Law on Enterprise No. 68/2014/QH13).
3. In case of international domain names, certification of using legal domain names is required.
4. A scheme for providing video games, containing:
a) A service, personnel and finance plan suitable for scope of operation;
b) Equipment system general layout, equipment system locations;
c) Equipment system details, including main part and backup part: Name, functions, configuration;
d) Details about methods and scope of supply: Internet (EP address, domain name), mobile telecommunications network (intended distribution channel);
dd) Terms of payment, payment cards and payment service provider (name of provider and terms of payment);
e) Measures are in place to assure service quality and players’ interests.
Step 2: Submit the file to Ministry of Information and Communications (Department of Radio, Television and electronic information)
Step 3: The Ministry shall, within 20 days from the date of receipt of valid file, issue license for providing G2, G3, or G4 games. In case of refusal, the Ministry shall send a document which clearly specifies the reasons for refusal.
Step 4: The applicant shall, within 30 working days before officially providing G2, G3, G4 games, notify the Ministry.
Step 5: The Ministry shall, within 10 working days from the date of receipt of valid notification, issue a confirmation about the provision of G2, G3, G4 games. If the Ministry does not have any reply on such period, the applicant has the right to provide the games from the date as notified.